Intel Atom BoardFor dabba2 I decided to use the Intel Atom D510MO board for the simple reason that it is available locally.
Here are the pet-peeves...
- Parallel port is a jumper block, not a port header.
- SPDIF is also a jumper block (OK, three pins).
- No IDE ports
- Tried a SATA-2-IDE adaptor with a mixed bag of results
- DVD drive ATAPI does not get recognised
- While HDD got recognised as a SATA disk, LILO could not boot from it.
- so for the time being it network boot only, but see the problem below..
- Ethernet controller
- Sometimes the cable is not detected, have to plug-out plug-in coupel of times to get it recognised.Also randomly appears as 10 MBPS, 100 MBPS. This could be because the board is connected to the passive switch with a longish cable. I had noticed this problem with the earlier VIA board also.
To start with the kernel is 18.104.22.168 cloned from http://gitorious.org/~doyu/lk/meego and tuned for the D510MO Platform.
GCC 4.5.x contains the -march=atom and -mtune=atom options for the Atom specific optimisation ( see http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.5/changes.html ).
Another option is to use the Intel compiler, free for non-commercial use.